No matter what type of small business you own, increasing your income is the goal. Building your client base is important and the best way to add that income boost you desire.
There are many ways you can expand your reach or turn those who find your business into paying customers. These eight ideas are a great way to get started and will help you improve your bottom line.
- Launch a New Product or Service – Offering something new is a great way to put your name in front of new people. Do not reach too far out of your comfort zone, but offering something a little different will bring different people into your world. These new customers may be interested in your other items/services too.
- Ask for Referrals – Look at your current customer base as a way to attract new customers. Everyone has friends, neighbors or co-workers they may be willing to tell about your company.
- Rework your Website – Did you create that website months or years ago and just let it sit stagnant? You will get more hits on the web if you offer new content regularly. Additionally, more people than ever turn to the internet instead of calling for information.
- Social Networking – Social networking is more than just building a Facebook page for your business, you have to get in there and really communicate with those who take the time to find you on the social networks. Think outside the box and consider profiles on Twitter, Pinterest and Tumblr as well as Facebook.
- Sponsor Events – One of the best ways to make local connections is participating in community events. Get out there and put yourself in front of people that may become your customers.
- Attend Community Group Meetings – Groups such as Veteran’s organizations and charitable organizations such as the Kiwanis and Lions Club are always looking for community members to speak at meetings. Share information about your industry and you will have the chance to meet others that might become customers.
- Consider PPC (Pay Per Click) Advertising – This is something that works for some, but not others. However, you can usually get started for just a small sum. Give different campaigns a test run before you commit to a larger one. Add other programs (like SEO) as you see and validate more of that data/analytics.
- Follow Up – Those who check out your product or service but do not convert can be a clue as to what you are doing wrong. Follow up on those potential customers and find out why they didn’t turn into sales.
This is a good starter list, and should get you on the path of more quality client attraction quickly.
Jon Rognerud is well known as the most sought-after SEO, Digital Marketing Consultant and Online Advisor for Finance, Technology, Real-Estate and Health industries. He is famous for building business strategies, mobile websites and integrated marketing solutions that brings process, profits and brand loyalty…without wasting time. Jon Rognerud is the author of the best-selling book (Buy On Amazon), “The Ultimate Guide To Optimizing Your Website” (Entrepreneur Press) and is the Founder of Chaosmap. Get more information about the company here.