There is a lot of information about SEO on the web, but sometimes you really need to take the time to go into depth. A good book that you can take with you on your digital device or in a paper-based format will do exactly that.
From beginner to advanced, you can learn every step of the process when you read the right SEO books.
Here are 10 books on SEO that you really need to read this year.
(Disclaimer: The author of this blog post has a popular SEO book included!)
- Search Engine Optimization 2015: Learn SEO with Smart Internet Marketing Strategies by Adam Clarke
There is a wide range of topics covered in this book that will help everyone from beginners to people who are well versed in SEO techniques. Clarke walks people through the process of getting the website optimized without triggering alarms in the algorithm and generating penalties
- Fifty SEO Ideas: Free Tips, Secrets, and Ideas for Search Engine Optimization by Jason McDonald
If you don’t know where to start, this book helps you to set your priorities. It’s perfect for beginners in the professional world of SEO.
- The Art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine Optimization 3rd Edition by Eric Enge, Stephan Spencer & Jessie Stricchiola
Now in its third edition, this book helps people serious about getting better results on the web plan their approach and then teaches you how to implement the plan. It starts with the basics, moves onto today’s burning question like mobile search, and finishes with a discussion about what is coming next.
- Search Engine Optimization All-in-One For Dummies by Bruce Clay
The “Dummies” books are well formatted and written to ensure that even the most inept will learn to master whatever it is that is being taught. This SEO book by Bruce Clay fully delivers on that promise. This comprehensive, no-nonsense guide will get you started.
- Ultimate Guide to Link Building by Eric Ward
When it is time to refine your backlinks, you’ll need more than a general introduction to SEO and this is the book you will want to buy. Search results depend highly upon who links to you and how those links are set up.
- SEO 2016: Learn Search Engine Optimization Paperback by R L Adams
With more than 200 criteria to worry about in the Google algorithm, it’s difficult to know which ones to focus on to get the best results. This book walks you through the process of gaining Google’s trust.
- SEO 2015 & Beyond: Search Engine Optimization Will Never Be The Same Again by Dr. Andy Williams
This book was written for experts in the field and its a best seller on Amazon. Since it is offered on Kindle, buyers get frequent updates that help them stay on top of the changes.
- Search Engine Marketing, Inc.: Driving Search Traffic to Your Company%u2019s Website by Mike Moran, Bill Hunt
The bottom line when it comes to SEO is getting sales traffic that will convert. This short books fills in many of the missing gaps.
- SEO Fitness Workbook: 2015 Edition: The Seven Steps to Search Engine Optimization Success on Google by Jason McDonald
Jason McDonald is a SEO guru. He writes in an easy-to-understand style and walks his readers through the steps to success.
- Ultimate Guide to Optimizing Your Website, 3rd Edition – By Jon Rognerud, Digital Marketing Expert
Author Jon Rognerud offers tips, tricks and insights to optimizing your website for the RIGHT (buying) audience.
He covers SEO, website creation – but also local search, blogging (WordPress) and how to drive more traffic with content, links and keywords. Written for beginners and medium level readers.
BONUS: How To Turn Likes Into Customers – By Chris Evans (submitted via author, please review also)
Learn more about lead generation strategies from your updated search engine optimization campaigns.